Saturday, March 7, 2015

Spirit Artwork #19

He's mocking me...
You sift through the clover patches for the elusive keys. Their green color renders them nearly invisible within the clumps of vegetation that Patrick had advised you to search in. In your quest you bump your head against the ruins of a Celtic castle, stately even in its demise. You encounter multiple bees' nests, their inhabitants not so welcoming. You fall into swamps, the ribbiting of the frogs echoing in your head like spiteful laughter. What is this all for? Why, Patrick promised you the cherished and esteemed spiked collar, of course. You know you'd do anything for that item; you were desperate. Even if it meant looking for fifty keys over a hostile terrain, you were determined. Battered and bruised, you find the last key. But when you return to the center of the field, you find Patrick and the large chest floating far in the distance, as though riding on a rainbow. He never planned to give you anything. As you slump to the ground, ashamed at your gullibility, you find several papers on the floor. Perhaps they were Patrick's. You examine them.  

(A tribute to all those jammers who fell victim to the glitch that prevents you from getting the Epic Key, for some reason...) Anywayyyy, on to the art.

A cute piece of fanart by Moshi0806! The style used is very interesting, almost abstract. Interesting interpretation of AJ items, especially the antlers. I also love Snow's extravagant pose. 

A cute piece by Jammers25127. The warm colors used in the background fit well with the character, creating a consistent atmosphere. The wolf mimics AJ's style well.

A lovely piece depicting Wombat's arctic wolf. Nice job with the colors; I like how the pink and the magenta match up in different areas.

Awesome artwork sent in by AJlover231. I love the shading in both of the top pieces; it really sets a mysterious atmosphere. And the dragon at the bottom is really detailed, and the colors really pop against the black background.

Some fanart by LlamasAndNarwhals. I love the neatness of the lines. The most prominent aspect of this piece though, would be the composition; the symmetry.

A few sketches sent in by lilyjammer. I like the bright colors and how you've included their nametags, giving a more in-game feel.

A cool piece sent in by lucykate651! The shades in the water are lovely, and the pose, wavy whiskers and fur really gives the feeling of being submersed in a liquid.

A cute piece of fanart by blackwolf174. I love the cute, chibi style, especially the eyes and expression. The antlers are also well drawn. 

A colorful bird by Katia9. Interesting texture sets this one apart fom her last bird drawing, as well as a clever signature incorporated into the drawing itself.

Finally, a very unique submission by wildwolfprincess! This is a handmade plush of the gecko from the game - it bears much resemblance! Included are the yellow back spots, bright green color, and large white eyes. It looks very neat and professional, the toes are well-defined. Very cool.

If you'd like to see some of my own artwork, check out my deviantART or my Youtube. If you'd like your art to be featured, then please send it to spiritjammer@gmail.com!

30 comments :

  1. Awesomeee art, everyone! And yeah, that epic key glitch sucks :c

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEk my plushie!!!!!!!! His nam is squishi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patrick: AWAY ON MY RAINBOW WE GO MY FAIR MAIDEN TREASURE CHEST!

    Anyway, awesome artwork as usual! I love the plushie so much >.<! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Gecko plushie.. I WANTTTTTTTTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha Kairos... Dragonvale... anyways X3
    All these awesome pictures... THEY'RE JUST SO PRETTY!
    And I love the gecko plushie at the end!! It's so cuuuuuute O0O

    ReplyDelete
  6. AMAZE


    OH AND IT WAS YOU WHO JAMAGRAMMED ME


    OK


    I WAS CONFUSED, LOL


    THAT'S AN EPIC PLUSHIE RIGHT THERE

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need one of those gecko plushies! :o

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2 more days till my birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow man! Brill post - I like the beginning - and I love how Shadow, the famous AJ artist, does the art posts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, my input is:


    Moshi0806 has a very interesting piece which I would certainly describe as "abstract art", I agree!


    Jammers25127 sent in a PAWFECT wolf-plushie picture, one of my favourites! It would be my #1 fave if there weren't so many great ones!


    Wombats, interesting, interesting! You added a "homely" touch to it by making it look almost drawn by a child (which it was), and makes it something adorable I'd want to hang on the wall if I was a proud parent, just saying!


    AJlover231, just.... whoa. WHOA. The cat on the brick-wall reminds me of so many stories, and it's just.... incredible. The dragon is also amazing, but the wolf has to be my favourite, the one walking off.


    LlamasAndNarwhals, your picture reminds me of surprise twins, good and evil ones! The way small details are different - like the eye shapes - make you think and you realise it's not a mirror, while at first, it hits you that these characters are exactly the same. Very gorgeous!


    lilyjammer, lovely sketchy touch, I am especially a fan of the shark with its warm colour which is like the gentle re-awakening of Springtime!


    lucykate651, as always I adore your work, but the otter just looks.... FANTABULOUS! The wavy whiskers and the adorable fluffy ears just make it something to hug, while the sense it's having fun and in no danger, makes it even more loveable.


    blackwolf174, your art is totally kawaii! It looks like something from the anime - a cub or something! It looks like one of Snowy's cubs!


    Katia9, your feathers have a lovely texture!


    And finally - the gecko machine - WILDWOLFPRINCESS! Congratulations! The plushie is totally extraordinary because everyone else entered sketches or computerized artwork, I love love LOVE it. It was so much better than even I expected!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, I worked very hard and I'm VERY proud of it.
    It is the best thing I have ever made.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I jag people when they least expect it



    I AM A NINJA

    ReplyDelete
  13. I AM GECKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    000000000000000000000000000000000OOOO
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree it must've taken quite some times to perfect it like that! Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, I'm moshi0806! I'm happy to see my last art on snowy's blog. I quit AJ recently, So if you could announce it in case my buddies look at your blog that they will know I quit. (I left randomly without telling them.) Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. karios from dragonvale! cool! i love this art!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love Blackwolf174's artwork! It's so Kawii :D I also love Luckykate651's artwork, It reminds me of Oakheart of Riverclan! I also like Katia9's artwork, The tecture of the birds' feathers are so good! Everyone did wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. no one plays dragonvale here? HELLO?

    ReplyDelete
  19. O.o WILDWOLFPRINCESS PLEASE MAKE MORE OF THOSE AND SELL ON EBAY

    ReplyDelete

Remember jammers, no swearing or bullying on the blog! You can leave your opinion on matters, but be sure to be polite and respect others'. Happy jamming! ~Snowyclaw