Saturday, July 18, 2015

Spirit Artwork #30

You are wandering around Crystal Sands when you suddenly come across a hidden entrance in the thick wall of boulders encircling the beach. Cautiously, you walk through the crevice, finding that it leads to a calm, secluded area. You've heard about this place, known as the Canyons Pathway, but you've never actually seen it. Awestruck by its ability to stay hidden in plain sight for so long, you stroll across the sandy trail, taking in the peacefulness of the place. The comforting presence of the large slabs of rock baking in the dappled sunlight, the colorful, the sweet smell of the flowering cacti lining the path, and the calming tinkling of the mysterious clay jars hung all over the rocky walls combined are enough to lull one to sleep. Your eyelids start to droop, and soon enough you find yourself in a strange and colorful dream. The Alphas surround you, performing an odd ritual dance, at the end of which they entrust you with a seemingly important scroll. But by the time you manage to unroll it the Alphas have gone, and you only find that the document is full of pretty pictures...

To start off, we have an adorable sketch by flutterflame101! I particularly like the sense of emotion and exhilaration conveyed by the character's expression and pose.

Here we have a lovely fanart of Snowyclaw by doglover0126. The dark blue background looks especially appealing in contrast to the orange-y browns you've used for her pelt.

Here we have a cute sketch of an otter by SillySuds (Sillysmartxp on AJ). I love the chibi style you've employed here, and that otter has quite the spiffy outfit.

This compilation of animal sketches was sent in by geekygirl110. The first image shows the arctic wolf alone, but the next shows that you've drawn more animals around it. I see this is a continually growing piece.

A vividly colored drawing brought to us by viridescentfutureAJ. The character's colors fit very nicely together, and I really fancy that icy bright blue.

Myfuzzykins brings us some lovely Pokemon artwork! I especially love how both are action pieces; something is happening in each. I also enjoy the clever cave setting you've given the Mega Sableye. 

Here we have a large amount of drawings by Pinkclaw24! Pencil, crayon, and what appears to be watercolor paints (in the bird-silhouette drawing) - you've shown you have mastered many different types of artistic mediums.

Cori13 sent in this adorable summer scene of a bunny eating some yummy cotton candy! This drawing has quite a bit of detail.

Emily Rose Pika sent in this lovely drawing of a raven. I like how the eye, with its bright highlights, is made apparent even in the surrounding darkness, and how the beak and legs stand out because of their lighter-grey color.

A variety of artwork sent in by Lonewolf1324. Your scupltures are absolutely adorable, and as for your last piece, I like how you've used a cool-color scheme (for the character) against a warm-color scheme (for the background). Very nice!

Joy Tringo sent in this Animal-Jam themed artwork. I love the brighter colors you've used for the highlights on the fur.

The legendary grges glmgurl *cough* Fuzzhead Derp Face *cough* sent in this fabulous piece. What a well-dressed phantom!

This unique collage was sent in by Ronen The. What an interesting idea! I like the large variety of letter sizes, colors and fonts, as well as the placement of the Red Panda peeping out of the side.

Here we have some memorable pieces by FactoryDash! The backgrounds are great on these! I particularly like the wispy, flowing hair on the characters in the first piece.

♥sυsʜιηε♥ sent in this adorable piece. I love the soft color scheme, with pastelly pinks and yellows recurring all across the drawing.

Find me on: deviantART | Youtube |
If you'd like me to feature your art, send it to spiritjammer@gmail.com
or comment it on the most recent edition of Spirit Art!

Note: There may be no post next week, as I am going on a week-long trip starting today. I'll resume normal posting afterwards.

55 comments :

  1. First c;
    Great post, Shadow! All of the art was beautiful, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ♥~Uηιqυє~♥July 18, 2015 at 2:18 PM

    Second! Awesome artwork everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ♥~Uηιqυє~♥July 18, 2015 at 2:18 PM

    Congrats on first :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tribal Bunnies AJ JamaaJuly 18, 2015 at 3:04 PM

    Aww, mine didn't get featured...atleast last time mine did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ♥~Uηιqυє~♥July 18, 2015 at 3:17 PM

    What was yours? Hopefully next time it will get featured :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 5thyyyyy YEEEEE FAVORITE NUMBER AGAINNNNN WOOO x3 **pets precious fluffy kitty...**

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome Animal JammerJuly 18, 2015 at 3:46 PM

    Sixth! Great art!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My sisters AJ account was deleted and she literally got a membership yesterday. Glad I quit this game. Their employees are doing absolutely random stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Apparently they changed her username. How in the world does the username blacbunny affect anyone? Did AJHQ find it racist?

    ReplyDelete
  10. ❀νιяιɗєѕcєηт fυтυяє AJ❀July 18, 2015 at 4:03 PM

    Gosh, mine was featured? Never knew. You know @ShadowCharizard , maybe you should try asking for permission to upload art found in the comment section, because some people might be hesitant about having their personal artwork uploaded to the public.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ❀νιяιɗєѕcєηт fυтυяє AJ❀July 18, 2015 at 4:06 PM

    Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ❀νιяιɗєѕcєηт fυтυяє AJ❀July 18, 2015 at 4:06 PM

    Good job on first. <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. It says as the bottom of Spirit Art posts that you can comment your entries on the recent post, so Shadow assumed that you wanted your artwork posted. It was a reasonable mistake, unless you specified that you wanted your pieces to stay in the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maybe I'll put some of my art on the comment section but I don't think I want it posted...

    ReplyDelete
  15. ➳Hurricane✞ (Lonewolf1324)July 18, 2015 at 7:10 PM

    Fabtabulous, everyone! (Darn, that sounded girlier than intended.) I am very proud that my artwork got it, but I just realized that you can see how late it was by the window behind my sewing machine, haha. Once again, wonderful art! (I especially like that collage typography.)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nutterbutters/Tigerclaw50114July 18, 2015 at 7:11 PM

    Amazing artwork everybody! I thought I would post this for Spirit Art:


    It's the animal I made. The Cajete. Yes, I did get the name from the cat people in Skyrim, but my version is very different :3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nutterbutters/Tigerclaw50114July 18, 2015 at 7:13 PM

    I love to watch my big bro go through the dungeons, so I know quite a bit about it. :3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nutterbutters/Tigerclaw50114July 18, 2015 at 7:14 PM

    By the way, the big Cajete in the pic is wearing a cloak.

    ReplyDelete
  19. ➳Hurricane✞ (Lonewolf1324)July 18, 2015 at 7:16 PM

    Awesome! I make up animals sometimes (usually based on unusual dreams), but never as cool as this one. Seriously, my last one was a flightless bird meant to fill in the food chain between my other animals. Just the fast that I have created a fake food chain seems a bit odd now that I look at it...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh meh gawd, you're just like me! :D Finally, someone who knows about Skyrim!
    My big brother also plays Skyrim and I watch. I sometimes play

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nutterbutters/Tigerclaw50114July 18, 2015 at 7:17 PM

    xD

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nutterbutters/Tigerclaw50114July 18, 2015 at 7:18 PM

    I tried to play once but I don't like fighting so I handed the controller back xD

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nutterbutters/Tigerclaw50114July 18, 2015 at 7:18 PM

    I had a terrible day today but after the bad part I went swimming and ate ice cream so I am happier :3

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nutterbutters/Tigerclaw50114July 18, 2015 at 7:20 PM

    I wanna see your art, I bet it's wonderful! :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Korra (NeonPlutonium)July 18, 2015 at 7:22 PM

    Yay! I was also swimming, but instead of ice cream I had carrot cake :3

    ReplyDelete
  26. ➳Hurricane✞ (Lonewolf1324)July 18, 2015 at 7:24 PM

    Ah, just post 'em. I would love to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nutterbutters/Tigerclaw50114July 18, 2015 at 7:26 PM

    Lol. Sugar can help even when your goat dies :'3

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nutterbutters/Tigerclaw50114July 18, 2015 at 7:27 PM

    R.I.P Dubs... I will miss meh sweet Dubs :''I

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very cool artwork ;D Imma try to upload mine tomorrow-yes, that's right, I finally got off of my couch and made an AJ sketch XD

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ice cream + swimming = INSTANT HAPPINESS XD

    ReplyDelete
  31. Also, is anybody else having trouble on the AJ in-game chat saying the word "I'm"? Every time I try to say it its corrected to "I'M". It's makes me look like I have a very high opinion of myself when I say stuff like "I'M having a party :)" lol.....Its irritating me, does anybody else have this problemo? o3o

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fuzzhead Derp Face :DJuly 18, 2015 at 8:30 PM

    *Laughs my face off because you actually featured it*

    ReplyDelete
  33. Tomorrow then ;)

    ReplyDelete
  34. wow an amazing array of artwork this week ^_^ they are all amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  35. XxDementedZoroarkxXJuly 19, 2015 at 8:03 AM

    like @Cosmic Daydream

    ReplyDelete
  36. XxDementedZoroarkxXJuly 19, 2015 at 8:04 AM

    i made a woodpecker and bear hybrid at camp once
    it wasn't half bad, actually

    ReplyDelete
  37. XxDementedZoroarkxXJuly 19, 2015 at 8:04 AM

    same here

    ReplyDelete
  38. I think that it might be featured on the next spirit art post.

    ReplyDelete
  39. yey thank you! it took me fourdays to draw that, as each color is actually several colors blended together. the fur is lots of shades of light blue

    ReplyDelete
  40. ➳Hurricane✞ (Lonewolf1324)July 19, 2015 at 11:09 AM

    Cool

    ReplyDelete
  41. If they post it in the comment section it's already public.

    ReplyDelete
  42. XxDementedZoroarkxXJuly 19, 2015 at 2:23 PM

    Uh, I don't know. But I'll send it again via email soon.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I just don't want it posted on the blog

    ReplyDelete
  44. ❀νιяιɗєѕcєηт fυтυяє AJ❀July 20, 2015 at 8:03 AM

    Yep, but what if someone doesn't want their art featured..?

    ReplyDelete
  45. Yay! My art was featured- and the next style of art i'll do is..... *drum roll, please* ANIMATED WARRIOR CATS! (For a long time i,was obsessed in drawing them,) you'll see the same cat featured in some of them, my old roleplay warrior cat in AJ. She was called Robinflight. (She was the forbidden kit of Spottedleaf and Firestar- shs was not in the books because it's a character i made.) so, YAY FOR WARRIOR CATS! :D. I forgot to log in, o,O

    -Pinkclaw24

    ReplyDelete
  46. Ok,im logged in now :3

    -Pinkclaw24

    ReplyDelete
  47. here again

    ReplyDelete
  48. this is probably too late to make it into the upcoming SA but fah owo

    http://macaronparadise.deviantart.com/art/Wrong-Way-Navigation-547914038

    http://macaronparadise.deviantart.com/art/Dire-Days-Tired-547441846

    http://macaronparadise.deviantart.com/art/Dire-Days-Shadows-of-the-Valley-546552409

    ReplyDelete

Remember jammers, no swearing or bullying on the blog! You can leave your opinion on matters, but be sure to be polite and respect others'. Happy jamming! ~Snowyclaw