Saturday, July 4, 2015

Spirit Artwork #28

Phew. The Summer Carnival sure is crowded today. You push through a large mass of jammers, suddenly feeling the need for some fresh air. Finally, after many frustrating collisions, you manage to squeeze through an opening, popping out of the crowd and into an eerily empty area of the carnival: the coloring booth. The flags draped above it flap fitfully in the wind, their colors dull and faded. The supplies piled in a shelf near the back of the booth are all covered with a fine layer of dust, seemingly untouched for years. A sparse cover of papers upon which various animals are printed lay on the forlorn-looking desk in the cool shade. You bend over to squint at them, wondering how they had managed to stay on the desktop without being blown away.

To start off, we a lovely set of pieces by Catniss Everdeen. You draw eyes very elegantly, and I can't help but notice how you've matched the backgrounds of your photos with the colors of your drawings. Talk about deliberate.

Next, we have some amazing art by lucykate651. Your linework is always well-defined, and your animations are so smooth! I could stare at that walk cycle all day.

Now, we have some adorable Snowyclaw fanart by Kelly28816. I love how you've simplified Snowy's markings, effectively giving this headshot its own style.

PinkiePromise10 sent in this fabulous duo of sketches. Your lineart is absolutely gorgeous! ...And I especially like the matching accessories you've added to the character in the first piece.

Here we have a couple of pieces by The Lone Wolf 2413, also known as Dolphingirl2424. You have a very good sense of form, both in your sculpture and minimalist drawing.

This intricate piece is brought to us by NutterButtersTigerclaw. That outfit is sooo detailed and ornate. It is clear that you spent a lot of time drawing in every little tiny gem. 

Tribal Bunnies AJ Jamaa brings us a piece depicting their llama. The simplicity makes it pleasing to look at, and the slight shading brings it all together. The little string popping out of the sweater is also a nice touch, connecting it with the item in the game.

This piece was sent in by LilypadAJ, also known as Joy Tringo. The most prominent aspect of this art would be that it is a closeup, and it puts the most focus on details such as the eyes and nose, and that single tuft of differently-colored hair.

Behold this very interesting piece by Lleapard. The technique by which it is drawn, that is, all those fleeting dots, really reminds me of Impressionism. I have to admit, this piece really stood out to me.

What a cute little fanart for the blog, sent in by Vilot the wolf! I especially like how you've incorporated Snowy's swirl pattern into the text design.

Here are some cute pieces by ginia100! I love the light, pastelly colors you've used. They suit your style. And the small animation you've added is really eye-catching!

These colorful pieces were sent in by Tigerschwam. Not only do the colors themselves pop, but you've included bright highlights to set your art apart from the rest!

This peculiar piece is brought to us by koalasrock55082. This is an interesting design for an egg. I wonder what will hatch from it? I also like how you've created a nice contrast by using a dark background with the lighter colors of the egg.

We finish this post off with a fanart of Snowy's wolf by wallywow123. You've toned down all of the colors, most noticeably the gems on the tail armor, leaving the brightest spot to be near the face - the eyes and the antlers. This is a very good technique to get the viewer looking where you want.

Find me on: deviantART | Youtube |
If you'd like me to feature your art, send it to spiritjammer@gmail.com
You could also comment it below, if you don't have an email.

83 comments :

  1. Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!! I got featured!!!!!!!!!!!!! On my first try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2nd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy 4th of July!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo, awesome art everyone, you are all so talented! Btw, these are my favorite looks for my animals, what are you opinions on them? Can you guess which are what i call my signature looks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S.!!! i do have other looks, but i reently refreshed my memebership, so i havnt put them back together yet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rainbow Dash The TrainerJuly 4, 2015 at 5:21 PM

    How can Catniss draw eyes so well ;-;

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swirlshine The BloggerJuly 4, 2015 at 5:31 PM

    WOAH! Pretty much ALL these people draw better than me! I wish I could send some art... maybe I will soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder if they take pokemon art... i have drawn some pretty good pokemon portraits

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is.. amazing!

    I have to admit, I LOVE Tigerschwam's drawing style. It's so.. There are so many positive things I want to describe this. I'll just say I love it xD

    Everyone else did an amazing job, too! Very unique styles and colors used!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oi, right now people just set off illegal fireworks where I am right now. It is freaking me out, which is why I retreated inside. I don't know why I bother ranting about it here, let alone at a time where nobody's gonna see it, but I guess it might make me feel better. The firework they just set off, my dad said, "was probably as big as a half of a stick of dyanmite."

    This is not okay, and I hope whoever set that off doesn't do another.
    Fireworks scare me now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice looks. My favorite is the fox.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course you may send in art! Anyone is welcome. You can send it through the comments or by email; we can be found at spiritjammer@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. They probably draw lots and lots and LOTS of eyes. Seems to be a focus of theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. .... I sent mine and it didn't get posted :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gemmarocks112 is Love, is LifeJuly 5, 2015 at 2:10 AM

    Guys, I know I usually do a really long comment but I have this Majorca project to be doing, and I have to write this AJ Avengers story by today, and a lot more things, so I can't comment right now. Those are the same reasons I couldn't comment recently.
    But AMAZING POST AND WONDERFUL ARTWORK!

    ReplyDelete
  14. There is amazing range of artwork here today! ^_^ I might be sending in some Animal Jam Artwork soon (:

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG YESSSSSS thats a good sign I AM SENDING IN A TON OF POKEMON ARTWORK

    ReplyDelete
  16. Koalasrock55082 AJJuly 5, 2015 at 7:52 AM

    Mine is super bad xD

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahh, all of the art is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tribal Bunnies AJ JamaaJuly 5, 2015 at 9:36 AM

    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
    I was featured! :D
    AJS is the best! <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Rainbow Dash The TrainerJuly 5, 2015 at 10:19 AM

    Ohh

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is my next thing:

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh? Well, I didn't post every drawing at once - I post them gradually.


    Did you send it by email or comment? What did you draw? I'll keep an eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing Animal JammerJuly 5, 2015 at 11:43 AM

    Wow, today's art is amazing!! Great work to EVERYONE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. ƝєσηƤƖυтσηιυм AJJuly 5, 2015 at 11:47 AM

    Viridescent, where did your blog go?

    ReplyDelete
  24. ❀νιяιɗєѕcєηт fυтυяє AJ❀July 5, 2015 at 11:48 AM

    :) Heyo people

    ReplyDelete
  25. ƝєσηƤƖυтσηιυм AJJuly 5, 2015 at 11:48 AM

    Where is the AJP?

    ReplyDelete
  26. ❀νιяιɗєѕcєηт fυтυяє AJ❀July 5, 2015 at 11:48 AM

    Well... long story short, it was deleted.

    ReplyDelete
  27. ❀νιяιɗєѕcєηт fυтυяє AJ❀July 5, 2015 at 11:49 AM

    BYE!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. ❀νιяιɗєѕcєηт fυтυяє AJ❀July 5, 2015 at 11:49 AM

    I really like the llama and the owl 8D

    ReplyDelete
  29. ❀νιяιɗєѕcєηт fυтυяє AJ❀July 5, 2015 at 11:50 AM

    True.

    ReplyDelete
  30. ƝєσηƤƖυтσηιυм AJJuly 5, 2015 at 11:51 AM

    Why?

    ReplyDelete
  31. ❀νιяιɗєѕcєηт fυтυяє AJ❀July 5, 2015 at 11:52 AM

    There were a lot of reasons behind the deletion, the biggest one being stress and schoolwork, but the weight of daily posts, editing, moderating comments and so on got in the way of more important things,

    ReplyDelete
  32. ƝєσηƤƖυтσηιυм AJJuly 5, 2015 at 11:52 AM

    Ohh. I see.

    ReplyDelete
  33. ❀νιяιɗєѕcєηт fυтυяє AJ❀July 5, 2015 at 11:52 AM

    Someone kept on setting off fireworks in my apartment, and IDK if that's even legal. The 'booms' scared me awake, and at first, I thought they were gunshots and I panicked so much

    ReplyDelete
  34. ƝєσηƤƖυтσηιυм AJJuly 5, 2015 at 11:52 AM

    Hi peoples! Just wanted to let you know that there is a den owned by a person called Balloonforest that is CHOCK FULL of balloons. Check 'er out!

    ReplyDelete
  35. ❀νιяιɗєѕcєηт fυтυяє AJ❀July 5, 2015 at 11:54 AM

    If chu go to seasonaltreeshop's den, it's full of seasonal trees, and there's a portal that leads to more dens full of more things... you can try and find all the dens if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  36. INSIDE your apartment? No, I don't think that's legal at all..

    ReplyDelete
  37. What happened to Tigerly?

    ReplyDelete
  38. ♥~Uηιqυє~♥July 5, 2015 at 1:00 PM

    Awesome art everyone! :D Just wondering, can I submit art in the comments?

    ReplyDelete
  39. Fuzzhead Derp Face :DJuly 5, 2015 at 1:04 PM

    Pretty much all you have to do is add the picture you've drawn to your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Tribal Bunnies AJ JamaaJuly 5, 2015 at 1:23 PM

    BTW, I signed my picture with 'bgs' since my AJ user is 'bunnygirlsmiles'

    ReplyDelete
  41. The art is AMAZING! I love it! Very inspirational too, it sure inspired me to get off the couch and draw some stuff, XD! Super cool post -paw fives everybody-

    ReplyDelete
  42. NutterButtersTigerclawJuly 5, 2015 at 3:38 PM

    *le gasp* I. GOT. MY. ART. IN. AGAIN.


    O.
    M.
    G.

    ReplyDelete
  43. NutterButtersTigerclawJuly 5, 2015 at 3:46 PM

    I'm gonna try to get my art in again.. Here it goes :D




    My gawd... The doodle one was what happens when you give me Paint Tool Sai.. Omigawd xD, the randomness commenced..

    ReplyDelete
  44. ♥~Uηιqυє~♥July 5, 2015 at 3:59 PM

    This is the art I want to submit:

    ReplyDelete
  45. Cute!! I'm also interest at all of the back grounds =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
  46. Aww, thank you! I never really thought I'd inspire anybody, but I guess I did! Thank you for your kind words, this made my day <3 Keep on reaching for the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Koalasrock55082 AJJuly 5, 2015 at 9:17 PM

    STILL no new post? whats up today?

    ReplyDelete
  48. Koalasrock55082 AJJuly 5, 2015 at 9:19 PM

    lol i was being super dum and forgot it was sunday lol sorry

    ReplyDelete
  49. Thanks for the feature.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Dragon Rider (Horserider1217)July 5, 2015 at 9:48 PM

    I like the fox and arctic wolf with the fox hat and bow.

    ReplyDelete
  51. ❀νιяιɗєѕcєηт fυтυяє AJ❀July 6, 2015 at 8:27 AM

    Obscured Moon sounds nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  52. NutterButtersTigerclawJuly 6, 2015 at 11:34 AM

    Thanks so much! :3

    ReplyDelete
  53. NutterButtersTigerclawJuly 6, 2015 at 11:35 AM

    Thanks!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  54. The Lone Wolf 2413July 6, 2015 at 12:56 PM

    Whoa, my art was in! (Sorry if I sound overly excited, this is my first time being featured.) I am going to try to submit the rest of my sculptures and some drawings (or, perhaps, other forms of art...) when I get home from vacation. :D

    ReplyDelete
  55. The Lone Wolf 2413July 6, 2015 at 1:37 PM

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Congratulations to all of the artists here! They were all really nice.
    (Thanks for posting my art, Shadow! ^.^)

    ReplyDelete
  57. Thank you so much for putting one of my pieces in here! I'm such a big fan of this blog and it's so great to have it featured. Thanks, Shadow! -Lilypadaj

    ReplyDelete
  58. Thx so much for featuring my art! If you don't mind, here's an entry for next week's spirit art. -Lilypadaj or Joy Tringo

    ReplyDelete
  59. Here's my submission for next week.
    Thanks so much for featuring my artwork!
    -Lilypadaj
    -Joy Tringo on YouTube

    ReplyDelete
  60. Me neighbors and my family went on their driveway and set off illegal fireworks. The police came and stopped us so we went to our neighbors house, make a fort, and watched a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Gemmarocks112 is Love, is LifeJuly 12, 2015 at 7:59 AM

    I have about a hundred thousand so.... sorry. But I can quote some or tell you some plots

    ReplyDelete

Remember jammers, no swearing or bullying on the blog! You can leave your opinion on matters, but be sure to be polite and respect others'. Happy jamming! ~Snowyclaw