Saturday, February 21, 2015

Spirit Artwork #18

The Gentlebug is not amused.
You trail behind your friend, rolling your eyes in exasperation. To think, someone of this age could still believe that gold and riches lie at the end of the rainbow. And they just had to drag you along. Hills, dotted with clover flowers, extend far into the distance until they become a nebulous collection of greens, yellows... pinks, whites. No matter how you travel, the rainbow maintains its distance. As you go on, the evanescent rainbow begins to disintegrate, and disappears into the air before even your enthusiastic friend can reach it. Perhaps it was a beauty that was not meant to be reached, but only viewed from far away.

Adorable artwork by cutty12342! The various colors on the first wolf really give the appearance of fur and fluff and make for nice shading. The background conveys a feeling of loneliness and emptiness in a vast area. The sheen on the eyes make them shimmer.

Two pieces sent in by Birdy12447, of their adorable AJ animals! The two doodles give your animals their own expressions and character. I like how you give each animal your own consistent characteristics that aren't included in their game form, such as the tongue on the fox.

This art was sent in by SandyCat AJ! I how the light tea green color you used helps the snow leopard stand out against the background. I also like the toned-down pink used in the ears and nose: it keeps the attention on the character as a whole, rather than the face alone.

Fanart of snowyclaw by XSilverCookiezX! You've taken on a unique style here, deviating away from the blocky AJ style to a more round, cutesy style. I love how each color is used in more than one place, such as the pink used for both the tongue and the blush, and the grey used in the eyes and the background: it gives a sense of completeness.

Appropriately-themed artwork sent in by Wombats, just in time to celebrate the release of owls and the celebration of friendship going on in Jamaa! I love the poses, especially that of the rabbit, as if it is holding up the heart to the viewer.

A beautifully drawn Mira by Katia9! I love how you included the feathers for texture, and how they all point in the right direction. Alternating between two different colors so the back wing is visible is a clever strategy applied here as well. 

An adorable phantom sent in by Mangle The Fox! The dark blue used for the body brings the focus on the darker, black eye, which contains a pleasant lighter blue in the center. The shine on the eye is also well-executed and gives a clearness and limpidness to the eye, like deep water.


If you'd like to see some of my own artwork, check out my deviantART or my Youtube. If you'd like your art to be featured, then please send it to spiritjammer@gmail.com!


35 comments :

  1. Thank you for featuring my artwork! All these drawings are so beautiful. I especially admired the little story thingie at the beginning! Beautiful! I love these art thingies! keep it up :)
    -Wombats

    ReplyDelete
  2. diD I JUST GET FEATURED ; V ; YES

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone's art was so amazing!!! And ShadowCharizard, you're really good at writing! ^-^ I love your short little descriptive story-ish segments at the beginning of each Spirit Artwork post c:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not to be a critic, but the Mira art had too much detail and made it ew imo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all so amazing! :o
    I suck at drawing, and would never get featured on here :P.. XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I am gonna sound fussy but I agree.... the mira seems "childish" I guess, and I probably only think it's childish because I am capable of that, whereas everything else is above my standards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the adorable blocky-looking bunny

    ReplyDelete
  8. One thing Shadow....


    At the beginning writing bit, you didn't actually say how you came upon the drawings, you just set the scene :-(


    Oh and plus I believe in gold + riches at the end of rainbows!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love LOVE IT ALL!


    My personal faves are:


    Birdy12447 - is my #1 favourite! I love the cutesy style and the way you draw 3d muzzles! I lurve the tongues and the way it looks like anyone can draw it, but actually you're specially talented.


    XSilverCookiezX, You are probably my #4 favourite or something, but I put you 2nd because of what Shadow said, I utterly agree on the sense of completion because it's like every colour has a pair.


    Wombats is my #2 fave! Specially the owl


    And the Phantom is adorable! I like it

    ReplyDelete
  10. what is all the fuss about Play Wild Beta!!


    UPVOTE THIS IF YOU AREN'T GONNA GET IT / HAVEN'T GOT IT / DON'T THINK IT'S SO GR8

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you like my Mira. If you do, upvote.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I liked it, however, I think it should of have been colored with watercolors or something similar, crayons and pencils seem to solid, if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Still dont see my drawing of snow up. :(
    It the one that says "You inspired me." By Moshi0806 and It says "Snowyclaw" And my user (the above, Moshi0806) And still havent seen it. Do you guys just pick and choose? :( Upset-ish ~ Moshi

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do like it. Mira looks very pretty! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  15. But the artist wanted this to be nice, right? I think they tried especially hard at the colors and feathers. It takes time to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't seen it. Did you send it to animaljamspirit or spiritjammer? Maybe it got lost?

    ReplyDelete
  17. It was actually drawn on the computer, lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just realized I was in the post o3o

    ReplyDelete
  19. wildwolfprincess AJMarch 1, 2015 at 2:05 PM

    i just sent in a handmade plushie i made! it counts as art right??? because its based on the green gecko plushie in - game.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Of course! Any medium of art is accepted! That plush is really rad! :OO

    ReplyDelete
  21. wildwolfprincess AJMarch 2, 2015 at 5:36 PM

    im so glad u like it :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Tribal Bunnies AJ JamaaMarch 8, 2015 at 8:48 AM

    This got copied...
    http://spiritemberanimaljam.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Remember jammers, no swearing or bullying on the blog! You can leave your opinion on matters, but be sure to be polite and respect others'. Happy jamming! ~Snowyclaw